In this article, we will read the MCQs The Portrait of a Lady MCQ by Khushwant Singh. The story highlights the value of love and attention that can be generally seen in the joint family.
1.The grandmother accompanied her family to see off and receive……….
2. The grandmother has been portrayed………..
3.Grandmother was looking………………
c.Both a and b
4.Grandfather’s portrait hung above the mantelpiece in the……………..
5. Grandmother breaks down when the narrator was going to ……
6. Why did narrator’s father not take them to the city?
a)Because he hated them
b)His mother and father wanted to settle themselves first
c)Because of the environment
The Portrait of a Lady MCQ Video Lecture (Part I)
7. Who is the writer of the beautiful Chapter, the Portrait of a Lady?
a. A.R Barton
b. A.R Williams
c. Nick Middleton
d. Khushwant Singh
8. Where did the author spend his childhood?
a. In the village with his mother.
b. In the town with his mother.
c. In the village with grandparents.
.9.Why did grandmother not like city education?
a.Because she had been a gentle lady
b.Because she was narrow minded woman
c.She was conservative and religious lady
10.What was the reaction of sparrows after grandmother death?
a.Sat and chirped loudly
c.Sat scattered on the floor and mourned
11. Who did appear like the “ winter landscape in the mountains?”
12.The grandmother had been old for last
13.Where did grandmother go in the morning with narrator?
14. Why did grandmother go to school with narrator?
a.She cared to the narrator
b.Narrator was afraid of school
c.Temple was attached to the school
15.What was happiest half hour in a day for grandmother?
c.Praying all the time
16. Who is the main character of the chapter ‘The Portrait of a Lady’?
17.When was their common link of friendship broken?
a) when he went to college
b)When he went to the university, they were given separate rooms
c)when he started working
d)When he went abroad
18.What was grandmother’s reaction when the author was going abroad?
c)not even sentimental
19. What was grandmother’s reaction when the narrator came back after 5 years?
b)clasped the author in her arms and said prayers
20.How did the grandfather in the portrait hung on the wall look like?
a)Old, long white beard, worn big turban
b)Old, skinny, wrinkly
c)Young, Handsome, Well-Built
21. How was grandmother portrayed in the chapter?
22. Where was the author’s grandfather’s portrait placed?
a) On a shelf
b) Hung above the mantelpiece
c)Put on the mantelpiece
d)On a table
23.The grandmother always kept with her.
24. What was the relation between grandmother and writer.
25. Where did the parents of the author settled?
26.What did the author eat for breakfast?
a)thick and stale chapatis with a little butter and sugar spread in it Ans: A
b)thick bread with butter
d)rice and curd
27. Grandmother had been a ………
a. Religious and gentle
b. Religious and narrow minded
c. Arrogant and old traditional lady
28.According to the grandmother the education should be
a. Computer based
b. Religion based
c. Practical based
d. Theory based
29. What happened when the grandmother didn’t pray for the first time?
a)She fell ill the next day
b)She made this her routine
c) She took a break and went to the village
d)None of the above
30. How did the grandmother react to her illness?
a) She was aware of her approaching death
b) She ignored her health
c)She took care of her
d)She was admitted to the hospital
The Portrait of a Lady MCQ Video Lecture (Part II)
31. Which animal did the grandmother used to feed in the village?
32. How did the grandmother look?
a)Old, Fat, Long
b) Long, Fat, Slightly Bent
c) Old, Short, Slightly Bent, Fat
d)Slightly Bent, Fat
33. What did the grandmother do in her death hours?
a)Talked to everyone in the house
b) worried about everyone
c)Silently praying and telling her beads
d)Went to temple
34. How did the grandmother die?
a)during telling beads laying on the bed
b)In the hospital
c) While sleeping
d)None of the above
35. How did the grandmother pass her afternoon regularly?
a)by feeding hundred of sparrows
b)by taking a nap
c)by talking to author’s mother
d)by going to temple
36. What was grandmother’s reaction when the author moved abroad to study for five years?
a)No one came to see him
b)Grandmother moved back to village
c)Parents moved with him
d)grandmother bid goodbye by silently kissing his forehead
37.How many sparrows were at the time of grandmother’s death?
38.The writer went to……………………….school in city.
39. Why didn’t the grandmother like music?
a)She liked only religious prayers
b) She liked the traditional folk music
c) It was the monopoly of harlots and beggars and not meant for gentlefolk
d) She thought it would distract him from studies
40. Where did the author go to study in the city?
a)nearby school on foot
b)English School by bus
c) Hindi School
The Portrait of a Lady MCQ Video Lecture (Part III)
41.Grandmother used to give the writer….
42.Grandmother used to play…………………
43. What would the grandmother do in the temple on a daily basis?
c)Sing religious prayers
d)teach other kids religious prayers
44.Why did grandmother keep one hand on her waist?
a.To balance her stoops
b.To sit properly
c.To dance properly
45.The sweeper put the bread crumps into the……
The Portrait of a Lady Answer Sheet
3 thoughts on “The Portrait of a Lady MCQ (Class 11th English Core: Sci. Com. and Arts) I The Portrait of a Lady Online Test”