In this article, we will provide you with My Mother at Sixty six mcq with answers which is very important from an exam point of view. The poem, my mother at Sixty-six is written by Kamla Das. The poem talks about the fear of separation.
Take the Online Test of My Mother at Sixty-six MCQ
My Mother at Sixty six mcq Video Lecture
My Mother at Sixty-six mcq Questions
1. Who is the poet of the Poem, My Mother at Sixty-six?
2. She is better known for?
a.Her originality, versatility and flavour of the soil
b. Historical Writing
c.Art of Writing
3. What is the message in the poem?
a)Value of meditation and Self- introspection
b)Experience of a married woman
c)A thing of beauty is a joy forever
4. What is the kind of pain and ache that the poet feels?
a)Fear of Childhood
b)Losing her mother
5. In which language, Kamala Das has published most of the novels and short stories?
a)English and Malayalam
b)Swedish and English
c)Hindi and English
6. What is the familiar ache?
a)Old age of the mother
b)Her childhood fear to lose her mother
d)All of the above
7. What does ‘ashen face’ symbolises?
c) The tired and lifeless face of mother
8. What does the poet see happening outside?
a)The young trees are sprinting
b)Merry children are spilling out
c)Both a and b
d)Either a or b
9. What do the parting words signify?
a)She is in a hurry
b)She is happy
c)Her optimistic farewell full of cheerfulness
Join Telegram for FREE PDF
Join Whatsapp Group
Subscribe our Youtube Channel
10. What does the poet’s smile signify in the poem?
a)Her assurance to her mother and helplessness inside
b)She has a responsibility
c)She has to do her duty first
d)She is a loving daughter
11. What is the poet worried about her mother?
12. What did the poet look back at her mother?
a)Because she was missing
b)Because he was in pain
c)Because of fear and insecurity
d)Because she was moving away
13. The poet has compared her mother with?
a)Late Winter’s Sun
14. Why has the poet used the imagery of merry children spilling out of their homes?
a)to show hope
b)to show happiness
c)to show youthfulness of her age
d)to show hope and happiness in children
15. Why does the poet feel scared?
a)because of her fears
b)because she was getting late
c)fear of missing her flight
d) because of her duty towards her mother and her own needs
16. Which Rhyming scheme is used in the poem?
17. The poem revolves around the theme of
b) poet’s love for her mother
c)Theme of old age
d)All of these
18. What does the expression smile, smile and smile signify?
a.Happiness of the poet
b.Fear of the poet
c.She will miss her mother a lot
19. What was the expression of the poet’s face while parting from her mother?
20. The poet was leaving from?
a) In-law’s house
b) A Friend’s house
c)Her own house
21. What were the words she used while parting from her mother?
a)See you soon Ba
b)See you soon ma
c)See you soon mata ji
d)See you soon, amma
22. Where is the poet going?
23. Find out the example of personification used in the poem.
a) sprinting trees
b)home to Cochin
c)airport’s security check
d)All of these
24. Find an example of a metaphor used in the poem.
a)as a late winter’s moon
b)‘Trees sprinting, the merry children spilling out of their homes
c) Driving from my parent’s home
25. Find the example of a simile used in the poem
a) familiar ache
b)like that of a corpse
c) Wan and pale
d)the merry children
26. The poem is of
27. Children spilling out’ is an
28. Trees sprinting’ is a poetic device. It is…
29. The poetess says her mother looked pale like a
b)Late winter’s moon
30. Poetic devices used in the poem.
31. The poet was driving towards
32. The mother of the poetess was
33. She soon put that thought out of her mind and
c)Looked out of the window
34. The narrator looked at her mother again after
a)Reaching the airport
35. The poet has drawn a comparison between
a)Mother and home
b)Mother and children
c)Mother and Father
36. Sprinting’ means
a)short fast race
b) rowing a boat
d) running around trees
37. The mood in the last two lines is that of
c)acceptance of reality
38. Winter’s moon’ is a reference to the mother’s
c) Colour of skin
39. The narrator also saw children running out of
40. Find an example of a simile used in the poem.
b)Like that of a corpse
c)Wan and pale
d)The merry children
Don’t Miss These Important Flaming Prose and Poetry